Jewel Does Her Own Songs in Disguise at Karaoke Bar – Amazing Video and Photos of Jewel Singing at Karaoke Bar
This is truly amazing. Singer-songwriter Jewel Kilcher goes undercover at a Karaoke Bar and sings her own songs. Donning a wig, fake nose, padded butt, glasses, and pretending to be with a group from a local convention, Jewel goes on stage as “Karen” – a mild-mannered businesswoman.
Later in the evening, Jewel then takes off the costume and goes on stage as herself. Some of the bar’s patrons don’t know that Jewel was actually “Karen” and start to call for an encore from the made-up character.
Too funny! (But the singing is great!!!!)
The Talented and Beautiful Jewel – Getting Ready for Undercover Karaoke
Jewel Kilcher on Stage as “Karen” – a Mild-Mannered Businesswoman – for Undercover Karaoke
Singer Jewel Having a Fake Nose Applied – as Part of Her Transformation into “Karen”
More of Jewel Getting into Disguise as “Karen” for Undercover Karaoke
Fun Facts About Jewel Kilcher:
- Jewel Kilcher was born on May 23, 1974 at Payson Hospital in St. George, Utah. Jewel is an American singer-songwriter, guitarist, actress and poet. She has been nominated for four Grammy Awards and has sold over 27 million albums worldwide.
- Jewel was “discovered” at the Inner Change Coffeehouse in San Diego, California at the age of 19. She was working at the coffee house and spending her spare time surfing and writing songs – while also performing at the Coffeehouse. She eventually started attracting large crowds to her Coffeehouse shows and was soon found by an agent from Atlantic Records. She was signed at the age of 19 and five months later, her first album “Pieces of You” debuted in February 1995.
- Jewel’s parents were Mormon and she was raised in this Faith until she was 8 years old. Jewel has commented that she was “conceived in a fit of Mormon passion.” Jewel’s father, Atz, was excommunicated from the Mormon church for having an affair and child out of wedlock.
- Jewel’s full name is “Jewel Karcher.” IE: She has NO middle name.
- Although Jewel was born in Utah, she grew up in the small town of Homer, Alaska. She lived there on an 800-acre homestead with her parents and two brothers. Jewel has also lived in Michigan, Hawaii, and two other cities of Alaska – Anchorage and Seward. Jewel currently resides in the city where she was discovered, San Diego, California.
- Jewel started performing at the age of 5. She would travel and perform with her parents doing numbers for tourists, in Eskimo villages, and so on.
- Jewel was living in her VW van when she was “discovered” at the Inner Change Coffeehouse.