School Of Pop (Infographic)
A Look at the Digital Music Industry
(Click to Enlarge)
Some Interesting “School Of Pop” Facts…
- Flo Rida’s Hit – Low – has sold 8 million copies. That’s the same amount as The Beatle’s Hit – Hey Jude.
- The music industry is currently raking in $67 Billion annually. (That’s Billion, with a B.)
- Digital music sales are on the rise, increasing from $4.6 Billion in 2010 to $5.2 Billion in 2011.
- “Paid Music Service Provider” subscriptions (IE: Spotify) increased 65% last year, going from $8.2 Million in 2010 sales to $13 Million in 2011. (Watch out iTunes.)
- 2011′s “most streamed” online artist was Lady Gaga.
- 2011′s “most streamed” online song was Nicki Minaj’s Super Bass.
- The “most downloaded” song was Adele’s Rolling in the Deep.
- Ke$ha’s Tik Tok has had more purchases than any Beatles single – ever.
- Katy Perry holds the same record as Michael Jackson for the “Most #1 Singles from an Album.”