Sex Facts Infographic
Sexual thoughts enter the average 18 to 30-year-old male’s brain every 52 seconds, and it’s estimated that intercourse is taking place about 2,778 times every 5 seconds around the world. What else didn’t you know about the thing you think about the most?
Interesting Sex Facts:
- More people under 40 have sex on a weekly basis than those who vote during the presidential election every four years. (And, if a woman was propositioned for sex by a president? 12% said they’d do it.)
- Around 200 calories are burned during a fierce sex session… Which is equivalent to running 15 minutes on a treadmill.
- More women talk dirty during sex than men.
- It is estimated that 1.1 million men and 800,000 women aged 25-45 in the U.S. have never had sex.
- June is the most common month when Americans lose their virginity.
- Miami is the U.S. city reported to have the longest sex sessions at 35 minutes. Phoenix, Chicago and Denver have the shortest sex sessions at only 26 minutes.
- Cold feet may be to blame for lack of orgasm (literally). In one UK study, 80% of couples wearing socks during intercourse were able to reach orgasm, compared to the 50% sockless that weren’t.
- Republicans enjoy their sex lives more and are more likely to dress erotically to spice things up than their Democratic counterparts. Though on average Republicans lose their virginity later in life than Democrats.
- 35% of the under-35 crowd said they use Facebook or Twitter after sex. Men are twice as likely to post updates post-coitus.
- Erotic asphyxiation cuts off oxygen to the brain so you feel a strong new sensation during sex. It is believe that 500 to 1,000 Americans die from erotic asphyxiation each year.
- 48% of Englishmen fall asleep during sex.
- 3% of women plan household chores during sex.
- During the 19th century, the vibrator was used as a treatment for female “hysteria.” Doctors found the treatment extremely time-consuming.
- Sex toys were banned in Texas until 2008. Similar bans still stand in Alabama and Mississippi.
- “Axillism” is the act of use of the armpit for sex.